Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Apologies from an Imperfect Mother Part One


I am sorry that I swear so often.  You will soon learn I do it much more when I am in a good mood than when I am in a bad one

I am sorry that I have to drink some coffee with caffeine in the mornings in order to function.  I broke the habit during the first trimester, but after many sleepless nights, I just couldn't take it anymore.  

I am sorry that I make you listen to music you might not like and sing at the top of my lungs.  No, I am not a professional singer and I am sure that eventually this behavior will be very embarrassing for you.  I will try to break this habit before you start school.

I am sorry that once in a while, my hormones get the best of me and I go on a greasy food or candy/carbohydrate binge. 

I am sorry that sometimes when I am not paying attention while sitting on the couch, the cats sometimes jump on my stomach, and maybe your face.

I am sorry that I don't eat as many vegetables as I should.

I am sorry that I sometimes push and poke you just to try to get you to move, probably when you are trying to sleep...but you make mommy nervous when you aren't beating the crap out of my uterus!

I am sorry that I don't do prenatal yoga religiously like I said I would.

I am sorry the dog barks so much.  And I am sorry that most likely this is never going to stop.  Please learn to sleep through it, PLEASE!

I am sorry that I sometimes eat deli meat, which has NOT been microwaved first.

I am sorry that I often sleep on my back, despite trying many techniques to keep me on my left side.  I hope you are still getting an adequate amount of blood flow during those moments.

I am sorry that I laugh so loud and sometimes startle you.  You seem to be getting much more used to that though.     


To be continued.... =D   

No comments:

Post a Comment