Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Belly Button! Where did you go!?!?!

I am officially 8 months pregnant this week.  I feel great!!  Except for the normal side effects of stuffy noses, sore joints, lack of breath, squished internal organs, waddling, etc.  I can definitely tell that Baby Corey has had a growth spurt just within the last week.  I am bigger, my belly button is flatter, and he has been giving me the most amazingly strong punches and kicks that stop me dead in my tracks and force me to catch my breath.  I swear one of these times he is going to bust through and go all Alien movie on me.  I am so thankful for all of these symptoms that reassure me that everything is going well.  While I never had this little control over my body and have pretty much decided that nothing about my body works the way it used to anymore, I also feel so much stronger than I ever have, even though it takes me 10 times longer to get my butt up and off the couch with quite a few huffs and puffs.

I am also now officially in nesting mode.  We have been working hard on getting Corey's nursery in order, putting away toys, organizing clothes, etc.  This boy is SPOILED!  I can't believe all the things he has already.  I knew it takes work to keep a kids room clean, but little did I know that this is a challenge even BEFORE the kid is even born!  I think I already have about 8 loads of clothes to wash, and have also realized that my opinion that we probably wouldn't need a toy box for a baby was 100% wrong.  But the room is coming together nicely, with Daddy's help of course, and I think Corey will feel right at home once he is ready to move in.

Considering I am a rather anxious person by nature, it is suprising to me how not nervous I am for Corey to arrive.  I have always just felt my entire life that my purpose on Earth was to be a mom, and I am so ready for the challenge.  I am nervous about breast feeding, especially once I go back to work.  And I am nervous that I will feel like I am not spending enough time with him once I go back to work.  I feel like the daycare workers will see him more than I will!  I am already having MAJOR separation anxiety about taking him to daycare once I am done with maternity leave.  I am so thankful that someday I will be able to be a stay at home mom and probably won't have to go through this with furture children, but having to accept that your first baby will be in the care of non-family members makes me jealous.  Why should they get to spend so much time with him!?!?!  I cried dropping my dog off at the kennel for Thanksgiving, how in the world can anyone expect me to drop off my child and leave him everyday!?!?  That is just not natural.  I think Daddy is going to have to do the dropping off and I will do the picking up.  Daddies are much stronger and rational than mommies when it comes to this I think.

So now I am just counting down the days until Corey is due to arrive.  57 days!  Hopefully he decides to grace us with his presence a little earlier than that though as I am getting very impatient to meet him =D  

No comments:

Post a Comment